Placing tiles on any particular plane often needs you to slash or cut the tile to fit either along the plane edges that generally protrudes from the plane surface. For tiles that are hard, for example, natural or raw stone tiles make the cut more impressive only by making use of tile saw. This saw contains diamond blades and make use of water as lubricant to help you cut through tile devoid of heating the blade and cause the tile to break. When you plan to make use of tile saw you should be aware of certain procedures to make the cuts more precise to make the surface of the tile look as if it is done by a skilled individual.
Now let’s have a look at some of the instructions that one must follow while making full utilization of tile saws:
- Place the saw in any outside area or workshop to avoid dust as well as water on the time of cutting
- Try to wrap the floor with drop cloth
- Try to make use of masking tape in order to keep a plastic sheet on the wall at the back of the saw to get hold of the water that flanged from the blade
- On the centre of the drop cloth place the saw
- Mark your line of cutting with the help of grease pencil to keep it unchanged if water is split during the operation
- Set the tile on the sliding or skidding saw bed of the tile saw
- Cut line across the tile
- Use safety goggles so that you can protect your precious eyes from the tile fragments
- Keep the saw turned on
- Wait for few seconds so that the water from the basin runs in excess of the blade by lubing it aligned with friction
- Complete the cut properly
- After finishing the cut put both your hands on top of the full tile after you free it from the blade
- Turn off the blade then
Thus, this is how you can make use of tile saw.